Last modified: February 16, 2016.
1. What personal data do we collect from you?
Personal data you provide to us
When using the App you may provide us with personal data, personal data includes all personally identifiable information (PII) and data that directly or indirectly identifies you such as your name, email address, phone number and location data. You control how much information you provide to us. To use our App you provide us with your email, username and password. We may also receive this information from the event organizer so we can prepopulate certain fields in the App. When using the App you can also decide to create social profiles that display your name, job title, company, links to your social profiles (Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn) and activity. In addition, you can fill out a free form "About Me" text box to provide additional information about yourself as well as respond to posts, comments, survey/poll responses and any other App related functions or features that may be available to you. It is up to you how much additional information you want to share with us, the event organizer and the other attendees. If you are an event organizer you may also provide us with conference agendas, customer lists, exhibitor lists and other information.
Personal data we collect through your use of our App or Website
We collect limited personal data from you through your use of our App or Website. The only personal data we actively collect from you beyond that which you have provided through registration are your IP address, browser software, operating system and the time and date on which you visited the App or Website. In addition, we may also track your usage of the App for statistical and research purposes by means of cookies.
2. For what purpose do we process your personal data?
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• Providing you with information about the event that you are attending;
• Enabling App features such as "check-ins", surveys/polls, messaging, channels, agenda sessions, exhibitors, recommendations, targeting, speakers and locations;
• Prepopulating App fields such as conference agendas, attendee lists, exhibitor lists and location information;
• Showing your App activity on the activity feeds in the App;
• For analytics and market research purposes to improve our services, develop new products and launch services for other purposes;
• Sending emails or push notifications in relation to the event; and,
• Processing complaints, handling disputes, performing audits and meeting statutory requirements.
3. With whom do we share your personal data?
Our principle is that we do not share your personal data with third parties, unless we have a good reason to do so.
In addition, other users of the App will be able to see limited information such as your profile and activity. Apart from your first and last name, we do not actively share your personal data with attendees. The only information that is visible to attendees is the information you decide to actively share on the activity feed of the App.
We may share your information with exhibitors if you either click on "more information" on the exhibitor dashboard, if you allow the exhibitor to scan your contact information at the event, if you click consent on a pop-up box in the App or click to consent to receive exhibitor offers tailored to your profile.
Other third parties
• We might use data processors to handle complaints or send newsletters on our behalf or share information with third parties if you have explicitly provided your consent to such data sharing.
• In accordance with our legal obligations, we conclude processing agreements with the third parties we use
• We may provide your personal data to third parties in order to meet a legal obligation or court order. When transferring personal data outside the European Economic Area we enter into EU Standard Contractual Clauses to comply with our legal obligations.
• In addition, in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, bankruptcy, or other similar events, any information in our possession may be transferred to our successor or assign.
4. Security of your personal information
In accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, we have taken adequate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the security of your personal information. We store the personal information that we process on a secure database that is protected by technical access controls.
Please be advised that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable data, we make no guarantees or assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, access or misuse and are not responsible in the event that such loss or misuse occurs.
5. What are your rights?
Based on the Dutch Data Protection Act (Wet bescherming persoonsgegevens) and similar local laws that pertain to the countries in which our companies have nexus, you may request to review, change or remove your personal data. You can submit such substantiated request - including your full name - to us per email to email@example.com. We will contact you within thirty (30) business days after receipt of a request to review, change or remove your personal data.
6. Cookies and similar technologies
At this time we do not respond to browser ‘do not track’ signals, as we await the work of interested stakeholders and others to develop standards for how such signals should be interpreted.
Appendix 1 lists the types of Cookies we use and their purpose.
7. Additional Information and Contacts
Children Under the Age of 13
Our services are directed to the general public. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age or have any reasonable grounds for believing that children under the age of 13 are accessing our Website or using our services. If we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under age 13, or if you are a California resident under the age of 18 and you wish to remove publicly available content, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or the mailing address in this Policy.
California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request to us in writing.
If you have questions about the use of your personal data, please contact us at:
DoubleDutch, Inc. and its Subsidiaries
Attn: Legal Department
350 Rhode Island Street, Suite 375
San Francisco, CA 94103 USA
Appendix 1: Cookies and Purpose
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
These cookies are necessary in order for you to move around the service as you request. It allows us to recognize what type of attendee, exhibitor, or other subscriber you are so that we can then accordingly provide services.
These cookies allow us to use certain features of the service in accordance with the choices that you make. These cookies mean that if you continue to use the services or return to the services, we can then provide services tailored for you based on the choices you have made or asked us to hold like your username or your customizations.
Performance and Analysis
We use performance cookies to help us provide a better user experience for you based on optimizing the services and constantly optimizing the features and performance. We may also obtain information from features that you open or access or click on. This information tells us about the effectiveness of certain features and helps ensure that the content and features we provide are optimized for your interests.