The following are the most common scenarios that you may encounter while using lead scanning through the DoubleDutch app.
Attendee badge won't scan properly:
- Make sure that you are using the "Lead" section of the app to scan badges rather than the "QR Scanner" within the app
- The badge was printed poorly
- ex: the barcode on the badge is too dense for the scanner to read
- The badge was printed using a barcode that isn't supported by DoubleDutch
Badge seems to have scanned correctly, but result in real attendee information:
- If you lost internet connectivity, the only thing that will display is the id # from the badge. Once connectivity is restored, the profile will update in the leads section of your app and the lead report.
- If the badge that was scanned is for an attendee not yet entered in the DoubleDutch app, an attendee name will not display. The attendee ID captured from the badge must match an attendee's ID within the DoubleDutch Content Management System.
- If you have scanned a random bar code (that's not associated with an attendee badge, i.e. on a soda can), the scanner will register a "scanned lead" but will be unable to tie it to any attendee information. When you look at your lead report .csv export from the Exhibitor Dashboard, you can see that there is no attendee information in the "Raw Data" column.
Missing leads in the dashboard:
- If any of the scenarios from the above "badge seems to have scanned correctly but doesn't result in real attendee information" section, it may appear that your leads are missing from the lead report in the exhibitor dashboard. Once the solution for the above problem occurs- internet connectivity is regained or the organizer has matched the attendee IDs the leads should reconcile.
- You will only receive information that is put into the DoubleDutch Content Management System. If an attendee's full name, title, company, or phone number, is not entered in to the CMS, this information will not pull through to your lead report.